Tuesday, February 01, 2011


Well here we are, its today!

Just Tuesday actually... nothing more, nothing less! Work this morning, and was far too quiet, it gets so... well not boring, I don't ever get bored, in general... but back to this morning, it was slow going! And the weather was glorious, cold, just didn't seem to be the people about, hey I wonder if its the road being opened now!!! That would be funny.... NOT! No nasty people in today, no one fighting and scratching this week, I was dreading that woman coming in again! So we just sorted incoming things, tidied the store, and kept ourselves busy, two cups of coffee, one first thing, another later as per usual, no free goodies today, different woman! ha!

On the way home I popped into a couple of shops, I bought bananas and something I don't like... must have had a mind lapse, all the other shops closed, went into Chollos[something like that], and bought one of smelly things that goes puff when you pass!

Now... been gone for about an hour, had a call from one of my new cousins... I sent her two Moonpig cards, big A4 size with 12 photos on each card front... and the explanation inside!

I sent them... via here of course, late on Saturday, No actually it was Sunday! It was posted from Guernsey yesterday and arrived today!

We have so much to talk about, I wish though I could get them all in one room, so we could catch up together, I have a whole lot of years to tell them about! And of course, they too...

But back to today.... I came home and had to get straight to my hair, it was time dye! I am trying another new color, this says its red! I have pinned it up, and will check it out in daylight tomorrow morning now... Hope its red, but not too red... it should be ringlets too if I can sleep with these bobby pins in... If not I will wake up with lots of holes in my skull!

I also took a little stereo unit upstairs, its almost broken[CD kaput], and brought down the bigger one we have, in the process I dropped the remote, and now it will not work, I tried dropping it again, but that, surprisingly didn't fix it... tried different batteries. I had lost the remote for the other one years ago, and now we still don't have one!!!

Zebra fish on the TV just now, been the 3rd or 4th time I have seen this advert, Zebra fish can self heal their hearts when injured, and the British Heart Foundation are trying to find a way to replica that for humans, how amazing that would truly be...

In my crazy rummage through things yesterday to track down an item.... I came across a small brochure about a road opening.... and there was me thinking it was only here that 'road openings' took place! This is titled Berkhamsted Bypass.... from May 1993, I remember the day, we actually went down it from start to finish, on Barrys birthday, WOW what a birthday treat!!!! It has been opened, now, in three stages, the first was when I was 16, I was working in Tring and used to walk up to see the progress in my lunch break... 18 years later, the next bit, and while I have been here in Spain another part has now opened.... What am I rambling about???

I also apart from the poem from yesterday found another paper I have written before, time for a repeat performance.... It has no title, and no writers name, it just is what it is....
Then adieu...

The sad sad voice in this heart of stone
sings a song of a love that once was known.
This song now changed from its merry key, has,
in its way no dint of misery. For on its way to
composition, joy was known and joy was hidden.

As joy was shown, this sad sad song, sung
with love by this heart of stone, must release
the tears of a joy once known.

If joy was hidden, it must now be shown,
to reveal the treasure locked in a memory of a love once known.

For love once shown is love alone, enduring in this
heart of stone, let not treasures, both known and
hidden be shut in and unbidden.

The sad sad song of joy sings its way from a
misery to a life with sweet sweet memory, for
joys, both shown and hidden, are treasures between us given.

TTFN
Marian

No comments: