Monday, April 02, 2012

And Death Shall Have No Dominion

And death shall have no dominion.
Dead mean naked they shall be one
With the man in the wind and the west moon;
When their bones are picked clean and the clean bones gone,
They shall have stars at elbow and foot;
Though they go mad they shall be sane,
Though they sink through the sea they shall rise again;
Though lovers be lost love shall not;
And death shall have no dominion.

And death shall have no dominion.
Under the windings of the sea
They lying long shall not die windily;
Twisting on racks when sinews give way,
Strapped to a wheel, yet they shall not break;
Faith in their hands shall snap in two,
And the unicorn evils run them through;
Split all ends up they shan't crack;
And death shall have no dominion.

And death shall have no dominion.
No more may gulls cry at their ears
Or waves break loud on the seashores;
Where blew a flower may a flower no more
Lift its head to the blows of the rain;
Though they be mad and dead as nails,
Heads of the characters hammer through daisies;
Break in the sun till the sun breaks down,
And death shall have no dominion.

Dylan Thomas
 
This may seem a random poem, it would be but I heard it last night on TV, and checked it out today on line, and now you can all read it!
 
Maybe it sounded better being spoken as it was last night, but there is something strange and haunting about it and I wanted to share it with you all.
 
Its been a week since I last posted and now its April! Where is the year going already! Eight weeks since I arrived, not sure if it feels like yesterday or years ago!  I am still moving things around in the house, things have not found their home yet, there are still things missing, and as I've gone through all the boxes now that's a bit worrying, guess I must have left them behind.

Since my last post another book is published already! The Penguin! Brilliant!

We walked into town the other day, bit of along haul for me, was easier walking there, then we walked about a bit whilst there, I stopped to sit down wherever I could!  We had a coffee, and made our way home, that was hard, I couldn't do it every day, the weather was wonderful, can't believe how wonderful it has been!  Even this week, well its Monday, well the last two days after Saturdays grey start has been blue skies and sunshine, washing dried on the line this morning, although first thing this morning there was ice on the cars... but it soon warmed up, we haven't had any heating on in the house for weeks, which I think I expected us to have.

Easter is coming, and I haven't had a single Cadbury's cream egg yet!  I realise I ate a couple of years worth last year, but oh I want one now!! Or more!

The doctors and results from last week, I have to have a repeat blood test in two weeks, then another two weeks time, to make sure a couple of things they are worried about are unjustified.

TTFN amigos
Marian

 
 

2 comments:

Carol O. said...

We'll be holding you in mind and in prayer.

Ultreya said...

Carol... thank you ((hugs))