Saturday, July 21, 2012



Some extremely random photos today amigos!  Above the three that came down, not looking quite so huge now!  It was more the length than the girth that made it so big!  Unusual ring pattern though don't you think?  The color difference is really odd, something must have happened to it when it was a young sapling?

Who knows, its gone now sadly, trees trying to walk just cannot be allowed to happen!


This is a beautiful little 'Forget Me Not' flower, just peeping out from a piece of slate on the steps up to the patio level area a third of the way up the garden!!  Forget Me Not....


And above, in the muffin tins, something I saw on a web site the other week, and at last had a go of making, they look good, and you know, they actually taste very good too!  I made a bit of a rooky error though, I haven't got any of those stone bead things you put on pastry to stop it expanding when you blind bake, so put in some rice, which I saw someone do the other day, a chef, obviously not noticing the paper that was put between the pastry AND the rice!  So, these had a little secret layer of rice, where there shouldn't have been, most of it came out... and I suppose if I hadn't owned up to it, Franco would have been none the wiser!

This morning, I went to town!!!  I feel like I need to get to a meeting of AA, or something similar, as no alcohol is involved of course! But some meeting where I can stand and say "my name is Marian, and I went out alone today!"  then, round of applause, and the meeting rests....

I have been out, to walk Pip of course, most mornings, although a few times less the last few weeks, just too tired... anyway, I digress... I have only driven twice since I came back in February!  Once to see a prospective job location, and another time to come back from dropping Franco off at the station!

This morning I had a great chat with a mate on the phone, got in the car and drove to town!  Parked and had a wonder around the shops, here and there, went into M&S and spent about £150, well in my mind!  Got some groceries from supermarket and drove off, didn't go home, instead I drove to another out of town supermarket!!!  Same brand, just different place, got a few more things!

I just feel so strange still, not knowing anyone when I walk around town, no familiar faces, I feel so, so, oh I don't know...

So, there is a Butterfly count going on at the moment here in the UK, was thinking this morning how I have only seen one butterfly in the garden, and that was back in Marc, and sitting in the sun this afternoon, I saw a Cabbage White!  And then another one, or maybe the same one?  I think it was drawn to the butterfly's on the duvet drying on the line!Which would be the only thing, no butterfly friendly plants to draw them in, need a Buddleia type of thing...

TTFN
Marian







No comments: