Thursday, March 28, 2013

petrol station!!!


Some pics today from a trip to Aberavon beach this afternoon.... beautiful day, caught the suns rays nicely above.... men were far out picking lug worms!!!??? Don't ask, either you know or I don't!!!

Franco rode his bike to work last Saturday, so Pip and I were here at the beach at 7:30am!!!  She thought Franco was sat in the car outside the house when he left... so wouldn't go back to sleep!!  I gave up, got up, did all the usual stuff and off we went!

Later on in the day, taking advantage of the car, I drove to Swansea and the Wyevale garden centre, had a lovely walk around, sunny day, checked out all the beautiful plants, bought some herbs.... rosemary, thyme and sage.... still have to plant them out, got some pots yesterday and some mud!!!  They have so many wonderful things there, must go back for all the rest!

Sunday.... had a migraine!  All day, did get up and have breakfast, but deteriorated over the day, and eventually felt better about 10pm!!! So that was GREAT!


The end of the promenade, looking up-towards the Ferry's beach!  Nice having a personal beach, lots of people, as I have said before, who live here, didn't know of its existance!!

Doctors appointment yesterday, just BP check, and told to come back in for a recheck on a blood test from the other month!!  Had a giggle going in, a gentleman held the door open for me.... I turned and said 'thank you'.... re replied, 'no problem baby-doll'!!!  Baby-doll, that might be the last time I am called that I guess, so I am not arguing about it!!! Bless him!!!

He wasn't there today by the way.... and instead of a giggle I was at the gas station on my way back from the doctors, the fuel tank was empty, again?  Who knows where that diesel goes???  So, fuelled up, went in.... card wouldn't work???  Worked fine yesterday, checked with the cash point outside, that wouldn't work either... the man at the till said it was the fourth card that morning that hadn't worked, and all the same bank!!!  Got home checked my account which was fine by the way.... and on the way to the beach popped in and paid the man!!!  Had to fill out a form in there... terrible!!! But it looked like I was doing a stock check on their wine supplies from where I stood, mortifying?... well actually, didn't really phase me, I guess if I actually hadn't got any money in my account then I would have been!

I've been working on a book for a friend too, which has been great, really gets my mind active, only trouble is I get so focused on it, time flies by; her book is massive, nearly 400 pages, and well over 80 thousand words, I haven't worked on such a big book, no editing, so I get to read first and last lines as I go along, I am wondering if that's how my mom was such a speedly reader!!... I keep pushing Peter for his next book... he won't get the authors cut if he doesn't sort it out!  Maybe I can make a start on it and put out half the book....???

Today, after our walk, stopped and had a café latté of course, Pippa had time to take in the smells, lots of people, lots of dogs, still no snow here.... was a flurry or two yesterday, not sure where it came from, a few clouds today, but nothing yesterday!

Finally me... in a facebook page pose!!  With Pip, of course!

TTFN
Marian

1 comment:

Carol O. said...

Lovely, lovely!