Sunday, January 03, 2016

Had a stomach dropping moment just now [earlier when I was unable to Blog}... It's because of Facebooks 'this time....' Whenever thingy...  And was reminded like a punch in the gut of this time six years ago, the horrendous trip to England, mom in hospital, and all that followed on a roller coaster of pain and suffering for mom... And a different pain and suffering for me... Mom is never far from my thoughts, to tell her what's happening in my life, to exchange chit chat on the phone... Suddenly so sad, and so far from home, here I am on placement and my eyes are leaking... I want to be home... 

And suddenly I feel like someone I might support... Talking 'Home' some speak of, wanting to be home... Home is all a matter of who sometimes not where... Some people want to be home, they want their mom's, unaware they now are 'the mom'...

I needed my mom so totally when I was young, as we all do; and when mom got older she needed me more...

She would have laughed at me today, we have a, what appears to be regular chest of drawers here in 'our' room, for our belongings while we are on placement... I obviously noticed on the day I arrived some of the drawers wouldn't open, two I thought were just jambed, and well, the other I saw immediately to be a secret drawer!  That sounds slightly contradictory doesn't it?  But I knew it from living with antiques and my step dad!  I tried the obvious with it, but because one of the other drawers was jambed I couldn't release what I knew to be the secret lock!

Ta Da! All three secret drawers opened!  Nancy Drew and Jessica Fletcher stand back!  Oh and by the by, nothing in the drawers, I kind of guessed there wouldn't be as it is in the staff room for us to use!  But such fun!! Am now wondering if there is a forth secret compartment... Well, there could be couldn't there...




Okay, need help... what is that in the pine tree above?  Is it just a plastic bag! Seems to be coming out of a stalk! Looks like a bit of a palm tree!!?? My camera zooms in really well, but I can't get any closer than this with it, I did get up to the tree before you say it!  But of course then I couldn't see it at all!!


And this little puffed up chap... Lovely day today, took a few snaps in my break!

**** And a few more 'stories' from the past...

Back in the hotel/hospital, 'Coming back after lock down, climbing up the fire escape stairs, quietly past matrons room which looked out on us... soaking wet from walking in the lake!!'

Friend and self had been invited for lunch on board a destroyer, two of us all dressed up... arrived at the port, had to ride out on a small boat and then climb up a rope ladder!!!  With the 'boys' watching us in our frilly knicks from below!!

At a service given in the local area, 'Such fun with Tutu!'
[er yes, that would be Desmond Tutu!!!] ****

Mom & me...

And finally, a surreal moment when a Tweet from yesterday morning was replied to from the man on the program I was talking about!!

TTFN
Marian

No comments: