Friday, April 22, 2016

Prince

I couldn't believe it on hearing the news Prince is dead, he was the soundtrack to my life in the 80's and 90's... and from then on, on hearing this track especially its radio up and no talking!

Purple Rain....

I truly am knocked back...

I must have told you the story of staying with a friend in Kings Langley, above an Italian restaurant there one evening, the summer, warm weather, we had just finished watching Princes Purple Rain movie, and in through the huge open windows flew in 3 white doves.... as if on cue... The weirdest thing imaginable...

And who didn't play 1999 on the last day of the 20th century as the last millennium flickered out?  Okay, maybe not all of you... But I did.  Me the quiet Prince fan over there in the corner, tapping my heal to his music before getting up and throwing caution to the wind!

A sad sad day... This news coming in amongst British TV full of the Queens 90th birthday celebrations... Why do so many brilliant musicians die so young, I know,


I know, candle at both ends lives... This year alone the most amazing actors, musicians, our great comedian Victoria Wood only the day before... I sure as hell hope they are having the very best days and nights in partying of their lives wherever they may be now, they will live on forever with us, but too short a time for those generations coming now who could have had the opportunity to see and hear these people for real and remember them also, lives cut short, exceptional talent...

Rest in piece young man, although, we will never let you rest, never be forgotten, so tune your guitars, exercise those amazing vocal chords and lets get started, (I guess I have to write in case some people do not realise a 'comma' stands for 'not the end of anything'),

Marian


No comments: