Monday, June 20, 2016

Summer Solstice

Today I was awoken early just after 4am... by daylight and birds trilling loudly!  I woke up enough to record their merry tune... and tried to get back to sleep for a couple of hours more!  Feeling tired now, but near the end of my break so much keep going!!

Today is the longest day as well as summer solstice, after the clear early morning start rain came by and is only just now making way to blue skies... The birds here are abundant!  Never heard so many, nor seen so many, of course the three bird feeders right outside the lounge window help!  All the blue tits, great tits, sparrows, wood peckers and jays all trying to get nuts out of the feeders for themselves and their young, the young fledglings balancing precariously on top of the feeders watching to see what their parents are going and then trying for themselves!

I got right into the whole spring thing last week watching Springwatch on TV, every day, twice!  And the live coverage of a sparrowhawk and its young hatching out!  Even having to continue watching their live performance whilst cooking lunch! lol

I really am sorry I don't have my camera, I just can't get the great macro shots with my phone... my camera is too big too carry here in the suitcase I brought with me this time, and if I don't use hold luggage next time at all the camera will have to stay at home.  I hadn't realised how much I use it, well I do, but how much I need to use it!  It's like I see something and straight away see what I could do with the shot it I take it!  And its driving me nuts!!

One week down here already, only two more to go really, a few days too, but I think just saying two weeks makes the time away from home seem less!

Sure there is something else I wanted to mention, but it alludes me at the moment...
TTFN
Marian


No comments: