Sunday, August 07, 2016


The port at Gibraltor, its been up-dated big time!  We drove down the 'old' road... took an hour and a half, not too bad, I think quicker than it used and that's with reduced speed limits... Good trip down, got a few bits and pieces from the supermarket, had lunch... not the best of choices of venue... don't know why we do it!  Hunger maybe, but we should stop and think really!  The table got fun sun and I had to move around the table, getting trapped in the process by people sitting at the too close table behind!

And all for some over cooled battered fish!!


One of the items purchased in the above mentioned supermarket!  Wonderful grilled seaweed!  Yum yum yum!  Three small packets and all gone now!!

Probably too high is salt for me, but once in a while eh!


Today we picked up the prickly pears in the adjacent food market next to La Trocha flea market this morning, am I am back to work next week, I will miss the chap who sits along from our street, peels them and pops them into a plastic bag for you, one euro for about ten from him usually!  Love these things, peeled and in the refrigerator, eat chilled, very yummy!


Last week we went to one of our favorite stores in Malaga!  Bauhaus.... its just a big ferreteria, [hardware]...
But they have everything, including a great little bar that looks quite quaint!


I couldn't resist the BabyRuth bar in a store last week either!!! Strange diet I am on these days, its called a 'eat what you can where you can because you'll be in work for five weeks and won't have a dam thing' diet!


I think this was the best I ate last week, a wonderful piece of toast with the very best Iberican paté and caramelised red onion on top!  Although as I Twittered at the time, the service was very poor and we were almost at the point of leaving when 'he' noticed us...

Been a busy few weeks at home, lots going on, doctors, hospital... every town and village in the nearby province!  Catching up with friends and doing some things we needed to do which had been put off for no particular reason over the last few months...

Will have been off for exactly five weeks when I get back to work on Wednesday, and will be there for exactly five weeks!

I have been working on a couple of books, one is just about ready for the off!  Just waiting for the word from the Amazon team and I can get it 'live'...

Its been too hot to sleep, too hot to relax... too hot to stay in-doors, so we have driven to cooler places, like the coast and shopping malls with its wonderful cool air, until you come outside and remember again how hot it is, apparently the last few Julys have been hotter than the Augusts that follow... We'll see, well, Franco will, its not cooled down yet during the days, but the nights are better... We had to buy a new ceiling fan for the living room, Franco and I had fun putting that in place!  The last one we changed was when Tony was here, down-stairs in what is now the dining room... The halogen light bulbs are lasting well in that ceiling fan!  This one was already built, just a question of trying to wire it up with the use of one ladder and a dining chair in 50 degrees of heat!!

Pippa has been to the vets too, shots, nail clipping and worming tablets, she is back again in a few days, don't tell her!  She has to have her kennel cough updated, two of those before she goes in there!

I might not Blog again before work, its only two days, and I will be on a 6am flight from Malaga to Cardiff... and into work for 1pm... Speak soon amigos!  I will take some sunshine with me to Wales, although I won't mind the drop in temperature!

TTFN
Marian

No comments: