Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Jamón Jamón

Jamón Jamón!

We bought the Jamón today, Franco couldn't wait to get it home and get stuck in!! And when we brought it into the house Pippa thought all her Christmas' had come at once!  And the small Kings Cake we bought locally from a new supermarket here in Alhaurín, its another Coviran and with its own underground car park with direct entrance into the store, no steps! and its huge!  First time we had been in, we think it must have opened when Franco was in hospital because it wasn't there before I went to work last, and Franco hadn't seen it before either!  It has everything, the meat and cheese counters were heaving, the staff friendly and fair prices!

And last night some friends of ours from around the corner knocked the door and passed us in a huge box of oranges and lemons from their campo... muchas gracias amigos...

Oranges and Lemons say the bells of St Clements...
Isn't it stupid for a couple who talk all the time, we seem to be finding it hard to speak sometimes; I know from my side of thinking, I keep going to say things that I now have to think twice about, and if I think twice, I leave it because I worry that it... whatever I am thinking of saying won't make sense now, or won't happen, or will upset Franco...

Today when we were out, having a coffee and cake in the still quite new Carrefour in Las Lagunas, after seeing friends down on the coast... Franco was saying about the great in-store bar where we were sitting and I said to him had he come down here without me?  Did he go to the places 'we' go when I am away working...

[I know Franco does go out and about, but the question was leading you see].

He said 'no, not really, just our local bars or somewhere to get something, and home again.'  And I said 'well that's going to be me then isn't it? How will I want to go to somewhere like this on my own... or drive everywhere 'we' go, without you?'...

TTFN
Marian


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Xxxxxxxxx