Sunday, August 27, 2017


Okay okay alright already! Sorry...

I'm here, of course, didn't feel like Blogging while on this eleven days placement... A challenging one forsure, palliative care is not easy... Either way... I have been humbled to share these days with such a lovely lady, her natural fiestyness shining through on occasion, a bright spirit, a strong woman, wish I had know her long before.  She is surrounded by very good friends who really are more like family... And again I have been privileged to be part of this ladies circle of love and care...

I was supposed to leave today, 2pm... But I sit in Bristol airport departure area, having just consumed this great porridge below...


When asked 'what topping?' fresh bananas were not what I thought would be in the cup on opening! Really enjoyed it!

So what happened? On my break and the incoming support carer arrived 24hrs early! Confusion reigned, I contacted the office... It was decided someone had to go, no spare bed... and seemed silly for her to go and come back, so I left 5pm!

We did a handover, everyone called and introduced... I packed up my meagre belongings, and a neighbor very kindly took me into Bristol and the hotel I had managed to book.

Managed being the key word here! At about 3pm I started trying to book a room! The one I had said to myself the other week when I knew I was coming past it... was luckily full... Because that's the one in January I stayed in and I don't think I could have coped with that.

But then the few nearest were also booked full! Bank holiday weekend here in Blighty, weather promising... And it is a beautiful day today!

So I booked into the Arnos Manor, really beautiful place, built back in the 1700's... A great deal of 'unexpected' history!

Including my kettle switching itself on!!! Okay a glitch maybe... but spooky all the same!

When I finish my coffee I need to park myself somewhere comfortable, I don't board until about 5pm!!!


Yes, I could have wondered around Bristol with my bags couldn't I?. But I'm just wanting to get home now...

24hrs time I'll be have surgery on my mouth! G. R. E. A. T.

To be honest I really didn't want to leave the lady at this stage... and if not for the surgery I wouldn't have done.







No comments: